Snack times are great opportunities to nourish your body and mind.
When we all understand about nourishing the body, a few of us might want to know how to nourish our mind with food?
Basically, the antioxidants present in fresh fruits and vegetables can help you boost your mood and relax. Eat a banana or an orange mindfully at your snack break, (mindfulness, that means without your gadgets and notifications and focusing only on what you eat, chewing it well) and you will see how drastically you feel better. Drink some water and add in some deep breaths, you will be in a better mindset within a few minutes!
Now, coming to the physical benefits, fruits are good sources of vitamins, minerals, and fiber. In addition, It helps to maintain a healthy weight and reduce the risk of diabetics, blood pressure, and other chronic diseases.
Fruits have high fiber, water content, and natural sweeteners that help to make you feel full. It stops craving sweets or having unhealthy food. That keeps one from eating junk foods too!
All fruits are great, some you might like, some you won’t. Eat the fruits that you enjoy eating. And mainly, eat the locally grown seasonal fruits of all different colors, so that you get the most out of it.
A Few fruits that help in maintaining a healthy weight:
- Guavas: Eat a Guava day, and you will really keep the doctors at bay! A medium sized fresh Guava can give you all the Vitamin C you need for the day, help you with a good amount of fiber and also, help in detoxifying! Remember, you will have to eat 10 oranges to get the amount of Vitamin C that you need in a day. So, the best option for this Vitamin is fresh Guava!
- Apples: Apples are high in fiber and low in calories that support a healthy weight. It may also aid indigestion and diabetics, providing a healthy immune system. Apples can help in having better skin health. So, don’t hesitate to bite and eat an apple!
- Oranges: These are rich sources of antioxidants and fiber. It contains some amount of Vitamin C as well. It is high in water content and low in calories that help in lowering the risk of several diseases. It boosts your immune system, protects your cells from damage. A fresh orange can help with better digestion and a better mood!
- Bananas: It helps to manage a person’s body weight as it has a high fiber content. Bananas contain Selenium which is an essential trace nutrient, for a healthy thyroid system, immune system, DNA synthesis and fertility. Moreover it helps in boosting the mood. When you do not have time to eat an elaborate meal, eat a banana and drink a glass of water which is a good meal! It works as a wonder!
- Berries: Berries such as blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries are low in calories and high in water content. It is a great source that cures indigestion and bloating. Eat the berries that are grown locally and which are in season.
Look at every fruit that grows around you, you will see a bundle of health benefits out of iti. We have such an abundance of fruits that helps in promoting healthy weight and overall good health. Choose the right food in your daily diet and stay fit.
Join our community to build stronger willpower and strength by being in touch with us.